Subject: RE: [Harp-L] Re: Bushman reed plate [OTOH...] and KATRINA

Nicholas (Froggy) writes;

"Meanwhile, I want to go down south to help people victims of Katrina. Do
you have any idea how I can do it??? I will contact the red cross, but if you
have any idea you are welcome!!"

....Nicholas - I love you to pieces, mon jeune ami, and you have the  biggest
heart in the world.  I truly understand your need to pick up and go  to help
- I've wanted to just load up my van with clothes, water and food and  hit the
road from New York - but I doubt we'd do anything other than get  ourselves
in big trouble and perhaps become part of the problem, not the  solution.  The
best choice I think  is to contact the American  Red Cross in whatever City
you happen to be at the moment -- tell them you  are visiting from France and
wish to go to help and see if they can arrange for  you to travel with their
people.  I'm not sure at all if that will work,  but it's all I can think of
that will ensure your safety as well.  Please  stay safe and bonne chance!

Elizabeth