Re: [Harp-L] MB Deluxe - my experience with the partially sealed comb

Hi Winslow,
I have forwarded your e-mail to my Hohner e-mail, and will take care of it next week.

Winslow Yerxa wrote:
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3DWinslow says:

I wish I could say that this reflects my experience. I bought a Marine Band Deluxe and a Hering Vintage 1926, both in A, at SPAH, out of curiosity.

While I prefer the overall response of the MB Deluxe, I found a few things to be less than satisfied about:

- The partially sealed comb immediately began to swell, with the teeth poking out about 1 mm. When I got home I sealed the comb completely.
Ok, this is the problem is the one that we have identified and solved. I regret that you had this experience.
- the edges of the reedplates were sharp - sharper than any I have ever encountered.
This I will take further, there is no excuse for that, and we try hard to get it straight. If a harp has still gotten to a customer with sharp edges, I want to know why.

All the best,
Fernando
Once I sealed the comb, sanded the reedplate edges, and set the reed action a bit more to my liking, I had a very nice harp. But until I did, the harp would have been physically very uncomfortable to play.

Winslow