Re: Fwd: [Harp-L] Re: pro junior

Agreed.  I used one with a Weber speaker upgrade and JJ tubes.  It sounded good, but was loud.  I also have  Kinder AFB+ and felt that while I could get the volume I wanted out of it, it did feedback more then my Bassman.

I had a chance to pick up that particular Pro Junior, but have since passed since I like the tone of my Bassman at equal volumes.  Still thinking of getting a "quieter" small amp.

Bottom line is you'll want to consider investing in a new speaker and tubes to make it less feedback prone.  Might get expensive for a practice amp.

.............well, i have one and i like it a lot....thing is
though, the
pro junior does not really fit into the " small practice amp"
category for
harp methinks.... there are a slew of small inexpensive single
10"
speaker amps which will suit your purposes much better for
a "small
practice amp for harp" ...the silvertones (1471 and 1481 ) and amps
of that
ilk for example fit much better for that use. the pro junior is
actually a beast in disguise...very powerful, very loud little
amp....also
much heavier than similarly sized single 10" amps.... they both
have their
place, but the pro junior is really not a good practice amp unless
you want
to go deaf ( might be suitable for rehearsing with your band
though ,
although a "practice amp" generally won't ) .

cletus