Subject: Re: [Harp-L] low rent mic stand (longish)

Blake writes: (snipped)

"Another Cincy harp-l-er, Dave M., just got a new recording rig (I  know
nothing about these things, but I thought it was neat how small it is.)
Anyway, he wanted to try it out in a club setting, so he brought it  to
our gig last night. Although I doubt it will be featured prominently  on
Archive.org any time soon, I was impressed with the audio quality.
Except, of course (here comes the relevance) that the party at the  next
table was, I'm fairly certain, louder than our humble semi-acoustic  duo
on many occasions. I wish it was from screaming and applause, but  I
think that for them we were more for ambience."

.....TRUST me, Blake,  you're not alone with that problem.  Even  at JR's
most recent Terra Blues gig (and I know you're a big fan of  his), where he and
New Blood produced  some major decibels, there was one  group of people who
seemed bound and determined to out shout even Jason.   Luckily they were further
back than Garry's rig.  It was all I could do not  to head back there to tell
them to shut up.  Bit my tongue a lot that  night.   Frankly it's just plain
rudeness....people brought up to  believe that they're the center of their own
very small Universe.  I  sometimes wonder if they think there should be an
on/off switch to turn  off the band while they converse? <VBG>

Elizabeth