Subject: [Harp-L] Piano Man/First tune

Dan asks:

"What's the first song, or pivotal moment where you realized, hey, I can
figure this thing (hamonica) out?"

....I was 4, handed my very first Hohner and played "Scotland the   Brave",
note for note, timing and all without thinking about it. Well I am  Scottish
and was  living in Glasgow at the time, so what  else would I play:  "God save
the Queen"?
 I think not! (<G>)  It dawned on me then that I could  actually play
anything on this instrument and was the only one in my family  with any musical
ability whatsoever.  That's pretty heady stuff.   BUT...I was in first grade at
4-l/2  (none of that kindergarten  pampering for we hardy Scots) ...and in High
School at 11, so 4 then wasn't  as young as it may seem today.

"Figuring it out" however....is a whole 'nother ball game.  And I'm
beginning from scratch many, many years later.  Alicia Keyes' "If I Ain't  Got You"
sounds pretty darn good played on an Echo double-sided C/G tremolo,  believe it
or not.

Elizabeth