[Harp-L] Amp modelers

I've been reading the long thread that's been ongoing about various aspects of the Digitech RP400 amp modeler. I personally use a Line 6 Pod 2.0 amp modeler. Couple questions for the more experienced players on the list.

(1) How do you feel about the use of an amp modeler as opposed to a real amp? On the plus side its small and easy to carry around and plugs into any PA and you're ready to go. Of course I hear harp player complain about being at the mercy of the sound man. Is this the primary reason for wanting to use a large amp - complete control over your own sound?

(2) What are your experiences with the various brands of amp modelers out there? I like my Line 6 Pod, and a lot of guitar player talk about the Behringer modeler, and of course Richard Hunter has been using the Digitech RP400.

(3) Does anyone out there with lots of vintage amp experience have an opinion on the sound of these modelers compared to the real amps they model? Are they close?

(4) Are many professional players using modelers now? It seems on the surface like a great idea. They're small, reliable, inexpensive compared to amps, and don't need maintenance like a tube amp.

Thanks,

Jim McBride