[Harp-L] RE: Update about that harp kid invited on stage with Jason Ricci

Zach Gaviria is the 10-year-old boy from NJ who played with Jason Ricci's
band in NJ (Mexicali Blues, 7/2005). That night was an experience that Zach
will never forget!  I know the kid personally and he was incredibly honored
to be up on stage next to Jason.  Jason Ricci?s talent and unique harp style
are a constant source of inspiration for the young harp player.

Seeing Jason perform that night was GREAT -- AS USUAL!  I highly recommend
that everyone see Jason play LIVE.  I listen to his cd's and music downloads
regularly and love them all but -- you "ain?t heard nothing" until you see
and hear him LIVE.

The first show Zach EVER saw of Jason?s (11/11/2004) is downloadable from
Jason?s site at http://jasonricci.com/music.html

Anyway -- on the night that Zach was invited up on stage with Jason (7/22/05
at Mexicali), Jason recommended that 10-year-old Zach attend Jon Gindick's
Jam Camp.  So this past weekend Zach (now 11) got to spend time learning
from harp masters including Jason Ricci, Michael Peloquin, Nicolas Fouquet
and Gary Allegretto in San Diego, CA.  He learned so much from these
instructors and felt privileged to be involved with such a talented group of
harp students.

Jon Gindick did an outstanding job delivering his seminar and made this very
interactive jam camp experience fun for everyone!  This event, suitable for
harp players at any level, was definitely worth the time and money! You can
learn about Jon?s upcoming Jam Camp in Texas (January 2006) at
http://www.gindick.com/Engine/Shopping/catalog.asp?store=6&category=256

Check out this mini-review of Jon Gindick?s Jam Camp and scroll down to see
a photo of Zack playing with his instructors at www.thunderharpmics.com

By the way, Zachary has only been studying harp for only 1.5 years.  He has
a great teacher in north NJ area named Richy Harps who comes highly
recommended.  If you are looking in this area for a local harp teacher to
give you steady or occasional lessons ? I suggest you reach out to
richyharps@xxxxxxx