[Harp-L] Keep damaging draw 5 reed on "G" harp

I've been regularly reading this list for a couple of years now - it's all great stuff.  I've now been playing for 4 years and jamming regularly for 2 years (and always learning   :)  ).

My question is... I've now damaged the draw #5 reed of three "G" and one "A" harmonicas.  Curious if there is any input from people.  Why this particular reed?  Thoughts?  Anything I can do to reduce the carnage :)

Thank you,
Dean (Victoria, British Columbia, Canada)