Re: [Harp-L] music finds

fjm wrote:
> Anoter radio find, BOUBACAR TRAORE, the artist, DJONKANA, song,
> KONGA MAGNI, album.  Malian the cut I heard had harmonica through out
> the subsequent track playing in the background also featured
> harmonica prominenty.  Strangely reminding me a lot of Brendan
> Power's playing. Mainly because of the style of ornamention that was
> employed.  Anybody else hear any of this stuff?

I have an album by Malian musician Lobi Traore which features Vincent
Bucher on harmonica.  Bucher also does the harmonica work on Boubacar
Traore's album.  I can't discover if there's a relationship between the
two artists with the same last name.  Vincent Bucher does a great job
on the Lobi Traore recording, playing very creatively in an acoustic
fashion over the west African tunes.

-tim