Re: [Harp-L] Fwd: How many of you really fix your harps? Really?

I fix a stuck reed all the time but have no idea how to fix an out of tune reed. How is that done?

Winslow Yerxa <winslowyerxa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:--- In harptalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Joel"
wrote:

Okay, you got me. My $12 harps are close to $13 plus gas.

So, my question is how many of you really fix your harps? I'm not too
interested in those who re-gap for better tone or the like, just those
who fix a flat, sharp or stuck reed.

Hey, $12 is $12.

A stuck reed takes 2 minutes to fix. If that saves me $12, that
proporates to $360 an hour - or is tht $390 for a $13 harp?.

An out of tune reed might take 15 minutes (probably less). That's
still at least $48 an hour (or is that $52?).

Worth the trouble, no?

Winslow