[Harp-L] RE:sm's and asian suppliers

Hi

Recently used a 58 when there was nothing else to hand and was surprised how
easy it was to hold and play.  I also saw Kenny Neal use a wireless one at a
local blues festival recently when he sat in with Mitch Woods, both of whom
were touring in Australia at the time and got to say it cut it pretty well
in the piano boogie woogie stuff Mitch does.

But I still prefer a bullet when I have it with me.

More importantly watch those cheap ebay lines, my mate just bought one
supposedly brand new but when it arrived the windshell was stripped in the
thread and the xlr connector had been out and back in again so we suspect it
was a warranty return job that he was reselling on ebay advertised as brand
new.  It works fine now but ....  On a happier note he bought two more and a
wireless system from another vendor and they were all OK.  Both these
vendors were in Australia, one in Sydney and the other in Melbourne, he
managed to have the Melbourne one closed down when he wouldn't come to the
party on a replacement item, the wonders of email and bad feedback (always
check the feedback).  Personally I wouldn't buy one direct from asia.

Regards

Derek