Fwd: [Harp-L] Re: Chromatics sold in all keys - not really

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, MilwHarmonica@xxxx wrote:

<snip>

According to the 2002  Hohner USA catalog, we in the colonies have
all major keys available in both  models.

Hohner USA sells its 270 in major keys of C-C#(Db) Tenor; C-C#(Db); D-
D#  (Eb); Eb-E: E-E# (F); F-F# (Gb); G-G# (Ab); A-A# (Bb); Bb-B; and
B-B# (C).

Hohner sells the black CX-12 in all of the major keys listed for the
270,  except B-B# (C).

=======

You're missing the point. What about the following keys:

C#-D, F#-G, G#-A.

Having a C-C# instrument does not give you a chromatic C# instrument.
It gives you a chromatic C instrument. A chromatic C instrument would
be C#-D.

You see what I'm getting at. Any of these keys is fully chromatic.
But to have all twelve keys of chromatic, you have to have twelve
models that work identically. That would mean having instruments
where the slide-out reed set is available in all twelve keys, and the
slide-in reed set is pitched a semitone igher. Presently we have only
nine keys represented.

Winslow