[Harp-L] Frankenstein Harp (or Bushman Rust Solution)

I just created my first Frankenstein harp, cobbled together from different brands.  Actually, it's just Lee Oskar cover plates on a Bushman Soul's Voice, but I feel proud of my invention anyway because it solves a serious problem I had with the Soul's Voice: major rustage inside the cover plates, despite my infrequent use of the harp.  I took the cover plates from an aging LO harp that I need to replace anyway, and whaddyaknow, it's a perfect fit on the Soul's Voice!  Maybe this will help anyone else bothered by the SV rust issue...  One nice bonus is that the harp is still labeled correctly because both LO and Bushman print the key letter on the comb, not the cover!

P.S. By replacement blow reed plate from Bushman came this weekend...free of charge since the 7 reed broke on the original.  Big props to the Bushman customer service folks, who backed up their warranty even though it's been more than thirty days since I got the harp.  Maybe I'll try a Delta Frost next time, since it seems to be made of tougher materials...stainless steel covers and phosphor bronze reeds.  No affiliation, etc.

Jonathan Metts