Re: [Harp-L] Blues in LA?

Hi Bob!

As for locating jazz in LA, my brother hosts this website:

www.lajazz.com

Be sure to click on the 'more events' link for the days you're interested in (the monthly view only shows the first 3 listings for each day). You could do worse than Ron Eschete, Nnenna Freelon, Alan Broadbent, or Phil Upchurch. Looks like there are some jams as well.... Didn't see much in the harmonica category. You could also just float around to the clubs near where you're staying -- the level of playing is generally quite high in LA, including the lesser-knowns.

Have a great time....

- Slim.

r_mcgraw@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Going to be in Los Angeles 10/30 and 11/1...I know there will be lots of blues and jazz to hear...any of you harp-l folks out there in LA able to tell me where to go to hear some great blues or jazz, harmonica preferred but not required? I've never been to LA and don't know my way around. I'll be staying at The Beverly Hilton at 9876 Wilshire Blvd, Beverly Hills...would prefer something reasonably close to there if possible. Thanks!
Harp-L@xxxxxxxxxx