Re: [Harp-L] jazz harp tonight

Mike Easton wrote:

>Jazz Set on NPR public radio will be airing a prerecorded live
>performance today from Boston. Check your local public radio
>station  for when it airs the show. There are 2 bands featured
>on the show with  one having a chromatic jazz player. I don't
>recall the performers names as I never heard them before. The
>2nd band is from South America.  I think they have the chrome
>jazz harpist based on the sound clips I heard for the show.

Hi Mike... You think the harmonicist might be Hendrik Meurkins playing with El Eco?

http://www.npr.org/programs/jazzset/shows/glasper2005.html

I found this listed for October 13 [not locally :( however] but can't find it available anymore on NPR or PBS... who, we have got to admit, have the worst, most convoluted, aggravating schedule links and layouts online of any music/information websites. sigh.

Anyway, I suspect who you heard was Hendrik, eh?

Bobbie