Re: [Harp-L] Two People in a Ring

From: <Aeskow@xxxxxxx>
I can't speak with authority about martial arts, but I fought a lot as a
kid, and some of it was actually sanctioned by grown-ups in the form of Police
Athletic Leagues and small-town tournaments.

Ring fighting is martial arts without the Asian mumbo-jumbo. They are attuned to the idea that they will get hurt, and they can turn bad intentions on and then off when it's over. If we are playing harp together I would be more inclined to not expect you to beat me up with the music, may not have the same attitude, etc. It has all of the attributes that I mentioned before. Thai boxers actually have music, so they deal with the rhythm of the music, their opponent, and themselves. A bit like playing with a player as good as you and one that isn't so good and is sometimes out of time with you.

I only mentioned it in the context of the possibility of cooperation becoming competition, and the fact that the players may have a different idea of where that fuzzy, gray line is drawn.

Peace and music,
Dave