Subj:   RE: [Harp-L] Sunny girl
Date:   10/11/2005 7:12:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time
From:   paulandannieblues@xxxxxxxxx
To: BostonMoeJo@xxxxxxx
Sent from the Internet (Details)

Dear Bo,

Thanks for passing that on.ÂÂ Since you are on the harp-l list and I never
know how to post to it, I was wondering if you would do me a favor and pass the
following message on to the list at large in response to the Icemanâs post:

I was happy to read the Icemanâs update on Colleen âSunny Girlâ Crongeyer.
I did have the pleasure of sharing the stage with her at the Buckeye Harmonica
Festival a few years ago. In fact, it was such a positive experience that I
feel the need to set the record straight and contradict Larryâs report:Â At no
time while we played together did I try to âburyâ Colleen. When I am
playing music, my only goal is to attain a higher level of communication with the
other musicians and the audience. This is a musical ethic that was passed on to
me by James Cotton, Jerry Portnoy, John Sebastian, and many other masters and
master teachers. I tried to give Colleen the same encouragement and share
the same information that had been so generously shared with me in my formative
years. I am surprised that Larry, an experienced teacher himself, would paint
a competitive scenario in which we engage in a musical slugfest. If I felt I
could âburyâ someone, it wouldnât be worth my time to play with them at
all. I know it makes for an entertaining yarn, but it is simply not what
happened. Â

And why would I of all people begrudge a young girl the right to play the
blues?

-Annie Raines

www.paulandannie.com

âThanks Bo. Have a good week off and Iâll see you in class on the 19th!