Re: [Harp-L] Overblow squeals

Paul Bowering wrote:
> Just a mini poll for all those who regularly employ
> overblows. What method do you use to stabilize the
> reed and why?

I primarily play Golden Melodies, which don't need any fixes to prevent
overblow squealing.  But I also play a number of other models for other
tunings, some of which are Asian, on which I also overblow.  For those
I use nail polish at the root of the reed.  Nail polish is more
permanent than wax (especially in the Texas summer heat), and doesn't
mess up my tuning or interfere with the tuning process.

-tim