[Harp-L] Re: Roller Coaster

Jonathan Metts asks:
"Has anyone here successfully played "Roller Coaster"?  It is BY FAR my favorite
Little Walter song!  I'm years away from even attempting it myself, but I'd love
to hear some covers of it."

In fact, I played it at this past weekend's gig. I went solo; my guitarist didn't show up. ("We don't need no stinkin' badges - I mean, guitarists!")

I played through my Freedom at a local Farmer's Market. My "setlist" went something like: "Easy", "Astatic Stomp", some sort of rumba-style thing, "The Creeper", "Amazing Grace", "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot", "Roller Coaster", and the National Anthem (that last one brought the house down!). And others. Most of the songs kinda segued into each other, so I played whatever came to mind between or during songs. It was fun, flowing from one song or thought to the next. Maybe next time I'll get up the gumption to sing a few. But as this was my first solo attempt, I thought I'd take it a step at a time.

I really like Dennis' version. It's what got me turned on to the tune.

Ray.
www.resgraphics.com/music