RE: [Harp-L] Amp build

 Yes, the preamp plate voltages  need to be, Per Gerald Weber, about in the 90volt range or less depending on what you want to lower the frequency band for less feedback and for faster breakup.  I did his mods and they work.  The power supply dropping resistor is the one to up.  I havn't done the diode trick and I may do that today if I can get away from my mics. The 5F2H -Try emailing Bruce Collins he may get you some insight as he's the one who designed it.  He may have the kit as well. It's definately my next amp build.cheers to Gindicks jam next week as I can't wait. I need a little vacation full of yeeehawwww!!! steve w--- On Sun 10/09, Dina Janzen < dlj@xxxxxx > wrote:From: Dina Janzen [mailto: dlj@xxxxxx]To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 12:02:36 -0500Subject: [Harp-L] Amp buildThanks to all for the suggestions. The Weber VST 5F2H is interesting- I have the Weber SI output transformer on order. The schem is not on the web site currently.I recently built
a single ended parallel 2 x 6V6 amp that is like the Weber 5F1x 2 but has a tone control and 5Y3 recto.... very sweet. It is also a lot like the Angela super single ended circuit. The conjunctive filter at the OPT as shown in the Weber 5F1x2 reduced the peaky response of the amp when pushed.Gary's comment about high plate voltages being a feedback problem is right on. First thing I do with a circuit is check voltages and bring them down as needed with a different rectifier, b+ dropping resistors and/or Zener diode.JimOn Oct 9, 2005, at 12:55 AM, harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:> From: "steve" > Subject: RE: [Harp-L] amp build suggestions sought> To: Harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx> Message-ID: <20051008153419.553348AE94@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii">> A little different than your push pull sockets, but you have the > chassis ready to go. My next project is to build the 5F2H circuit > designed by Bruce Collings of