[Harp-L] re: reading

We can read Shakespeare because his plays were written down. If no one read
music, we would never hear Bach, never hear Sister Hildegard's vocal music. We
don't ask people to improvise Shakespeare. We don't think Hamlet is stale and
canned simply because the words have been said before.

I've played Ray Charles' "What Did I say" by ear many times on the piano.
Finally saw the sheet music. Subtle little difference, really moves the song.

Rainbow Jimmy
http://www.spaceanimals.com
http://www.soundclick.com/theelectricstarlightspaceanimals.htm