Re: [Harp-L] thinking vs feeling

So.. once all the various people have weighed in... It appears one needs to
focus, practice, get an instructor and break it down, stop thinking and just
plain get it figured out, by God.
   Which points up the fact that everybody is different, I guess. We all have
to figure out what works for us.
    My stepdaughter struggled in grade school until sixth grade. She did Ok
with the work, but she wasn't retaining the learning at all and was on the
verge of special ed. Then she hooked up with this sixth grade teacher, who managed
to show her how SHE needed to study in order to do well.
   From that point, it was amazing. She got straight A's in high school, has
been on the Dean's List every semester in college, and is now student
teaching, just a semester away from a degree in elementary education.
    I suppose I will continue to struggle with the harp until I can figure
out how to wrap my brain around it. It's an especially difficult chore for me,
because I can usually do pretty well with things once I decide to do it.
   I'm practicing more and listening to more harp music again. I also have
the luxury of being able to sit in with some bands when I have the time. I
suspect perserverance is still the key.

Still a fool for the Harp
Steve 'Moandabluz' Webb