Re: [Harp-L] How We Can Save the Chromatic Harmonica from PossibleExtinction

I am suggesting that we keep the name of the diatonic harmonica unchanged and that we change the name of the chromatic harmonica to a chromonica. The term chromonica is already in use so that the only change that would be made is to drop the word harmonica, when referring to the chromatic instrument. This would give the chromatic instrument its own name, and help to distinguish it from the diatonic harmonica.

Well, I'm looking at my Hohner Super 64 Chromonica and notice that the word harmonica is nowhere to be found on it, or the box that it came in. Hohner Chromonica 270 is on the box for my 270 which does say "Super Chromonica Chromatic Harmonica" on it's cover. I think I'll start using the word chromonica, and if someone asks "What tha #*$% is a chromonica", opportunity knocks :0)

Peace and music,
Dave