[Harp-L] thinking vs. feeling & playing in the SPAH jam

. . . was inspired to write. In 1983 while covering
the AT&T Pro-Am golf tournament at Pebble Beach, Ca.
for a local TV station I had the pleasure of
interviewing Huey Lewis. We were discussing "getting
the yips" while playing and how to avoid, deal with,
or get around them. Yips are what you have when you
think about it and "it" throws you off your game. You
miss the putt or the note, you are not in the groove.
After years of putting myself under fire in
competition of every sort I had come to the same
conclusion as Huey and we both agreed on camera. You
have to go within and focus on what you have and just
deliver it or as we said,"play your game". After all,
isn't that all you have, when it comes time to deliver
all you can do is what you can do so just FOCUS and
play your game. Go within and focus on what you know
and can do and how you are going to do it and by doing
so you will free yourself of the external and internal
distractions thereby allowing you to deliver.
Distractions are only what you allow to distract you.
 The jam circle at Spah was recorded in part and is on
the end of the Jason Ricci Blow-off tape which is the
one being sent out for the Pat Ramsey fundraiser.
Warren
Bee's focused performance is on there along with many
others and even one from me. If you want a copy (over
30
requests so far) let me know. They are being sent out
now so hang tight donators. Pat says hello and he is
overcome by all the help he is receiving and says to
let ya'all know he's OK and in the process of moving
and thanks you all.

Focus,
Reach

http://mail.yahoo.com