Re: [Harp-L] $10 for a Chromatic?/broken button

A little off the original topic but....

I have had great luck fixing the button on broken chro's by cutting off the head of a phillips button head
screw and soldering the end of the slide into the phillips head slot's. You need a lot of heat (a gun, not a solder
station) and you need to file or grind the side you cut smooth but it works great and looks like it was made that way.
A number 10 or 12 screw is a good size. FWIW.

Scooter

The button is broken off yet they state that it is in working condition.

Chances are they have no idea if it really works or not. I have bought
chromatic harmonicas in disgusting and unplayable condition where the
seller stated - in all good faith but in complete and utter ignorance -
that it was in working condition. One did't even have a mouthpiece and
there were chunks missing from the corner of the comb. I dodn't mind
because I wanted spare reeds and it was only about $10.

Do you need spare reeds to fix your other 64's? Is, so, it might be a
good deal.

Winslow

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, BostonMoeJo@xxxx wrote:

Does this seem like a good deal?