[Harp-L] Portable amps

Ray,

  Gel-cell usually means lead-acid battery with a gel electrolyte instead of liquid. It has the same properties as standard lead-acid. Leave it uncharged and it will quickly lose its ability to hold a charge. Also its bad to leave it continuously on the charger as you'll overcharge the battery. If you're using the amp regularly, just charge it up everytime you use it then unplug the charger. If its sitting unused, remember to get it out and put it on the charger overnight at least once every couple weeks to keep it charged up.

  I'll have to checkout the amp you're talking about. I'm not familiar with it. Sounds interesting.

  One more comment on the Pignose Hog-20 for harp players. Some people are not familiar with the Hog-20 (which is somewhat new) and think I'm talking about the classic Pignose 7-100. They are entirely different amps. The classic Pignose has only one knob on the front - you turn it up and it gets louder and more distorted. The Hog-20 has separate volume and distortion controls, and a tone control too. You can play anywhere from clean to heavy overdrive and can adjust the tone to cut down on feedback.

  Jim McBride