-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Merola <srmerola@xxxxxxxxx>

Hello Harp-l
While it is true that Miles Davis, Cassandra Wilson, and many other jazz artists lend their own interpretation to material by changing the head, and many times to my ears, improve it, I'm absolutely certain that they don't change it because it's too difficult for them to play or sing note for note. I'm sure they're able to play it straight.