[Harp-L] At the risk of starting another Rock Player We Seldom Mention thread. . .

 The following is a snip from a review of Blues Traveler appearance,
apparently at a college, in South Dakota. I pass it along simply for the edification
of the list. :)

Still a fool for the Harp
Steve 'Moandabluz' Webb

My perception of John Popper changed in the first minute of the first song.
Babies cried and old men called for more oatmeal, but all I heard was the
harmonica. The band was fine. The show was fine. Good work, move over. The man with
the harmonica was on fire. Popper's mouth harp antics reduced me to the same
incomparable frustration that I experienced when listening to Charlie Parker
on the sax or Mingus on the standup. You can't understand how they make a hunk
of metal and wood laugh, cry, or beg for sweet rock mercy.

At the same time I was trying to plead with the almighty to A) give me a
little of what Popper had, and, B) hear a song that wasn't 10 minutes long;