Re: [Harp-L] Douglas CRE s? Pat Missin at SPAH

>From: "Don Grubbs" <jgrud@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [Harp-L] Douglas CD's?  Pat Missin at SPAH

>This made me wonder if there are CD's available of Douglas Tate's music? I
>personally would like a CD if they are available....
>Is there a need to promote Douglas's music (CD"S ) on the LIST, and send the
>profits to his family, or to some charity in his name. Not knowing the
>family needs I am just wondering......
>Is this music that Roger is mentioning something that could become a tribute
>to Douglas, and made into a CD?  Or has it been? Being new here, I am in the
>dark!
>Just throwing out ideas......
>Best Regards..... Don

Don - there are two separate recordings mentioned.

Elizabeth EGS1217@xxxxxxx is trying very hard to track down any recordings made by
the audience when Pat played music dedicated to the absent Douglas at SPAH in Kansas
City in August. Pat wanted Douglas to hear it, but his wife Barbara would love to
hear it too as they are close friend of ours. It could be that Pat might want it
included on some subsequent recording - that is his choice.

So to Douglas's CD. One does exist, and your idea is a good one. Thanks.. Douglas
made a cassette tape of his old recordings quite a few years ago - I have one. I did
not realise how good he was in his prime.  The quality of the CD I have is quite poor
- they seem variable - but Douglas's wife Barbara  still has the original source reel
to reel tapes. We have been discussing how to start again and remaster them
professionally. We now have an offer to do this,  possibly in January - Barbara wants
it done and it might be a good way to raise money for the Willen Hospice which cared
for Douglas at the end.

Roger