RE: [Harp-L] Pig Nose Amp?

I am looking for advice about purchasing a Portable, (Battery power amp)
for playing on the street.
Busking perhaps!  Does anyone of this type Amp work better than the
others for blues?
I hope to find something with a pretty good sound.

Any input would be greatly appreciated...

Regards DON

I posted this about my battery amp a couple of years ago. I've updated the message.

My amp is a Yamaha VA10, it cost a hundred quid (UK rip-off price), it delivers 6 watts
(I think) and has distortion and chorus (neither of which I care for much as I want a clean tone, though the distortion would suit blues-playing maybe). It has a variable delay control, which adds a nice touch of warmth when set low. It has high/low inputs and controls for volume, treble, middle and bass. It's just great for pub sessions or street busking. There is no rechargeable battery, though it seems to run for ages on a set of six "D"cells. You can plug it into the mains if you want. For what it is, it sounds pretty good (I'm told), quite a full-blooded sound, and it's as good as gold with my green bullet as long as I don't set the bass too high. These days I tend to use it with a tiny, cheap lapel mic. It weighs about as much as a six-pack of beer and has a lovely brown leather carry-handle. It won't exactly set the Shea Stadium alight, but I'm dead chuffed with it.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/trad_irish_harmonica
HEAR my CD clips: http://www.gjk2.com/steveshaw/cd.htm
READ review of my CD: http://www.irishmusicreview.com/sshaw.htm