Re: [Harp-L] Re: William Gallison

Tom Costelloe wrote:
> Before we get into who can play Jazz on the diatonic, wouldn't it
> be more fruitful to discuss what contemporary jazz is?

Well, this is a harmonica list, not a jazz list.  I think we could
substitute any generic "complex music" term (classical, bluegrass, some
rock and pop, etc.), and then discuss the suitability of the diatonic
or chromatic harmonica for it.  I tried NOT to refer to a style of
music in my post, because I don't think it's pertinent to the topic
being discussed, for precisely the reasons you detail.

-tim