Re: [Harp-L] william clarke

----- Original Message ----- From: "jerryczerwinski" <jerryczerwinski@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] william clarke
Does anyone know what harps are played on " blowin like hell" and how about
the movie /video of Clarke anyone have an opinion on that
---- Jim replies ----

Hi Jerry
To my ears (at least when I made these notes):
William Clarke - Blowin' Like Hell
    KEY    HARP
1)    G        C (second position)
2)    F        Bb (second position)
3)    F        Bb (second position)
4)    D       C chromatic (third position)
5)    E        A (second position)
6)    D        G (second position)
7)    D        G (second position)
8)    G        no harp
9)    E        A (second position)
10)  G        C (second position)
11)  C        Bb chromatic (third position)
                   *puts the slide in and modulates to C# toward the end

Jeanette's DVD/Video is a loving, family scrapbook kind of production that is no way slick or polished but is certainly valuable for rare footage of many performances by Bill. For those that knew him and the bands and places remembered on this video, it's priceless.

Cheers,
Staggerin' Jim
Listen to Roots Harmonica at http://www.live365.com/stations/staggerinjim