RE: [Harp-L] Douglas tate

It's been a very sad couple of weeks.  I just got back from Los Angeles
where I attended the funerals of two friends who died a day apart, one an
excellent musician and budding guitar maker. I've been overwhelmed with work
and not reading as much harp-l as I would like but I checked it out tonight
and as soon as I saw Douglas Tate's name I knew he too had passed away.

I had the great fortune of meeting Douglas Tate in Santa Monica a few years
ago when he came to the annual NAMM show.  He and a number of other harp
players, including Bobbie Giordano, came to Rusty's Surf Ranch on the Santa
Monica pier in the days when they had great Monday night jams.

I was looking forward to meeting both Douglas and Bobbie.  I had
corresponded with Douglas a few times on harp-l and always found him to be a
real gentleman.  But meeting him in person was a real treat.  He was just
the most polite and friendly guy you would ever want to meet and he treated
me like I was an old and dear friend.

I feel honored to have met him and I hope he's now resting in peace along
with my two other friends who are now finally out of pain after valiant
fights with cancer.

Robert Gaustad