[Harp-L] Re: Ernie Morris

I just read the other two messages in the harp-l archives that mention Ernie Morris.

One message is from Blackie Schactner where he talks about Ernie's unique tone and how the rumor
in the old days was that he got his "cellophane" tone from some mysterious use of cellophane that
they could never figure out.

That fabulous tone is what threw me for a loop when I first heard him.  I thought he was playing a
diatonic!

The other message is from Winslow again asking whether a broadcast of "In the Mood" by Ernie
Morris was by "our" Ernie.  I can confirm that it is.

I also found some pics of Borah's Harmonica Rascals.   Ernie is he only black member.   I bet he'd
have some great stories to tell about that!    When he was introduced on "Jubilee" they didn't
mention the Rascals but did say that he was the toast of the European continent.