[Harp-L] apology

In a message dated 11/13/05 5:40:21 PM Eastern Standard Time, EGS1217@xxxxxxx
writes:

> posting  onlist what someone sends you
> offlist  (in order to castigate  Chris here you deliberately chose to post
> something he wrote to you  privately, without his permission)  ...

I have to thank Elizabeth. I did not realize that I had publicly posted a
private comment to me by Chris. This mistake alone can be traced to the cause of
much of the brouhaha. With all the back and forth stuff and the fact that I
was taking it not too seriously, I was not diligent in noticing from whom the
post came - off the "L" or private. It was entertaining such a small part of my
attention that I let it slip.

I feel that the honorable thing to do is admit my mistake and apologize for
it. It was the factor that I inadvertantly brought to the table that helped
escalate this series of unfortunate events that lead to personal character
assasination (based on emotions and not on fact) posted to a public forum, hurt
feelings for Chris and Elizabeth, and a can of worms for the listowner, who is
diligently trying to resolve the issue to everyone's satisfaction.

The Iceman