[Harp-L] Douglas Tate

I am tremendously saddened to hear of Doug Tate's passing. As many on this List are aware, he was an extraordinarily talented, charismatic, intelligent, and generous man. He helped me at various points with criticism, encouragement and, when I would not have otherwise been able to attend SPAH, a place on the staff. He was unfailingly good company. As others have noted, he did an incredible amount for many of us individually and for all of us collectively. Although the organizers did a fine job, for me SPAH 2005 was just not the same without him. I will miss him sorely, but will look to his spirit for inspiration in the future as I have now been doing for years. We were truly fortunate to have had him as an active member of our community. We will carry on, and the harmonica will, of course, go on, but I think we will not soon see another man with his rare combination of talent, spirit, and eagerness to share.

Rest in peace, Douglas.

George