RE: [Harp-L] Masco PA Jam

Just where is this jam? I know at least 6 overly-intoxicated harp players, and one sober one, here in Pennsylvania who could road trip to you some Sunday and put on an anti-clinic, or we could play in the shadows (like ghost guitar) for your mass imbibing blow-hards.

Merx,
Central PA

From: "Mark Wilson" <markwilson53@xxxxxxx>
To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] Masco PA Jam
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:06:12 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dina Janzen" <dlj@xxxxxx>

Mark- Best of luck with your jam venture. I have a few concerns about your gear plan. First, the Masco >for vocals- Which Masco? Are you using an impedance matching transformer to run your >low imp SM58 into a high impedance amp?

Thanks Jim,

The Masco is an MA-17P, that I sent to Ron Holmes to do his magic on. We ended up using an SM57 and it worked perfectly. I'm not sure exactly what Ron did with the input, but it was set up correctly.

We did the first jam last night and the Masco did just fine, it was actually perfect for the environment we were in. I got some excellent advice offlist from Stephen Schneider who's been running a jam in Houston using the same setup. Using some of his ideas, I think I'll be able to perfect things at next Sundays jam.

Now, if I can figure out a way to politely dismiss overly intoxicated "harp players" without causing s scene, I'll be in good shape..

Mark