[Harp-L] XB-40 question about Low Keys

Hi Folks,

I have a question about the low keyed XB-40 harps.  I have a regular C XB-40
and I'm not really that crazy about it.  I don't dislike it; I just prefer
to play a regular C harp.  But because of some of its bending qualities I'm
considering buying the low D, E, and F XB-40s.  My reasoning is that their
design will make it easier to do the deep bends on holes 1 through 3 on
these harps.  My other low keyed harps are okay but I can't get the Low D
and E to bend deep on holes 1 through 3.  My C XB-40 bends so easily, too
easily in fact because of its tight design and its valves, and I'm thinking
this might be an advantage on the low key harps.  I could do some really
great bass/rhythm lines with the low keys.

Anybody have any experience with the low key XB-40s?

Sam Blancato, Pittsburgh