[Harp-L] Reed plate screws / tapping reed plates

Hey there harp mod geniuses.
I want to find out how I would drill/tap an MS reedplate to accept additional reed plate screws. Using standard drill bits (1/16, 3/64) , the factory brass reed plate screws do not grip...the screw or the hole gets stripped.
Any instructions for this mechanically challenged Mojoman?
Thanks!

--
Check out the "Mojoland" section of my website for live recordings, info on the band and upcoming events!
http://www.andymeehan.com