Re: [Harp-L] Willis

<jfrazer@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> I hate to admit it, but Bruce Bruno Willis can play, albeit not as well as
>> most on this list, but competently.  Bruce's very good guitarist, Doug
>> Hamblin said in response to my comment begrduging Bruno's competence,  "Aw
>> man, everyone "begrudges" Bruce's harp playing!  But he can really
>> play!"    Well, vive la difference...

<Bruce plays pretty good. I have not heard most of the players on this list,
<but bet that Bruce plays as good as 1/2 of us. He has an album out. What %
<of the harp-l membership can say the same? My CD is not available in stores,
<so I don't think it counts.
Bruce Willis is a terrific actor who's done convincing work in a very wide range of roles, and I count several of his acting performances among my all-time favorites ("Sixth Sense" being the very top of the list).  Willis isn't flat-out awful on the harmonica, but what has he ever played on the harp that really matters, in the sense that you'd never hear it from anyone else?

If everyone on this list had an annual income and non-harp-related fan base equal to Willis's, they'd have records out too -- their PR reps would demand it, even if no one else did.  Madonna has a children's book out, though prior to its release I don't recall anyone speculating that she had a special affinity for or knowledge of children, or even of storytelling.  The message here is that at a certain level of celebrity, almost anything the celebrity produces is likely to sell enough to justify the upfront investment.

If you've got a CD available for sale, and you haven't put it on CDBaby, what are you waiting for?

Regards, Richard Hunter
hunterharp.com