[Harp-L] ideal diatonic harmonica

Dear Harpers,

Let me post a question here about the diatonic
harmonica. I would be happy to hear a lot of answers.
Since I have discovered this little instument, I have
learned a lot about the way it works and have seen
many different methods trying to better performance,
sound, playability etc. One apparent demand is to be
able to play more notes than on a standard harmonica.
A lot of efforts have been made to make the full
chromatic scale available, with more or less succesful
techniques. Different tweeking methods, constructions
and designs have been created, but these have either
not been mass produced, or have elimiated certain
limitations, but have introduced new ones having
different sound, size, sensitivity, high maintenance
etc.
Free your minds and tell me what is your desire, what
would the ideal diatonic harmonica be like? Both in
terms of playability, technique, sound, comfort,
effects etc... Forget about all known physical
limitations now. First came the feeling that we want
to fly, then we built the airplane. The question is
for those, who want to get more out of their
instruments, which I think many players want, or
continuously trying to.

Zombor

http://farechase.yahoo.com