-Dave

ps: see our anarcho-syndicalist blues society's embryonic web-page at http://elmtreeblues.org/ and if you're not careful you'll hear just how weak my playing is (Windows Media file, sorry, we're just starting and ain't so technohip). The recording of my snippet on the front page (and see Westwood jam page, we have some footage of David Fairweather singing Hey Joe, he's great but the camerawork ain't - Sorry David!!) was on a little sony digital still camera that takes movies, so, that's my excuse!
###

At 07:43 AM 11/9/2005, you wrote:

From: drori hammer <drori_hammer@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] teaching question
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 22:42:21 -0800 (PST)
To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
Hi -
I am a fairly experienced player, but not experienced at all in teaching (also self-taught, so I have no role models). I have started teaching a student, who wants to learn to play Blues harmonica. he has already made some progress and can play single notes in the pucker style (although I`ll need to teach him bending)
My question is this: should I try to teach him Toung blocking straight away, or get him to a more advanced level (bending etc. ) before moving to TBs?
Any advice from you experienced harp teachers will be welcome
Thanks
Hammer