[Harp-L] Embossing

I've just come back from the N.H.L. shindig in Bristol ( it was fabulous, but that's beside the point)
I had the chance to sit in on a harmonica customizing workshop  given by Ben Bouman.

He personalised his Golden Melody's with a wooden comb made in Italy.

When he came to the subject of embossing he produced a tool somewhat similair to Vern's description:

 smooth ball tipped ; diameter 5 mm , shaft ;10 cm long , weight ; 50 grammes

When it was passed around, one of the public said that it was called a ' Dimple Punch' and could be found in any jewellers tool supply store.

Another handy tool he showed us was somthing that I had believed to be a polishing pencil - it's really called a 2mm burnishing brush - apparently most modeling store carry them.

Seeing , in the flesh so to speak, these  various technics, embossing, arcing etc.. has given me a much clearer idea of what you've all been talking about.

Thanks Ben

Mox

http://jmredon.free.fr/monsitewebebcountryblues/entree.htm