[Harp-L] embossing

In a message dated 11/4/2005 10:29:48 PM Eastern Standard Time,
harp-l-request@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

how  close to the rivet end of the slot should you go
with the embossing?   I was worried about damaging the reed by pressing on it
too close to the  rivet, so I only embossed it along about 2/3 of the length
of the  slot.

Pls correct me if i'm wrong but.......I believe embossing close to the  rivet
to be a good way to start on your reedwork.  I emboss from front to  the back
toward the rivet, VERY SLOWLY and CAREFULLY, to push the reed into the  slot,
near the rivet.  From there i put a curve in the reed.  The  purpose is to
diminish tolerances.
ron
PS: may i suggest that we continue the name of this thread instead of
mutating it, for achive purposes.