[Harp-L] Very oddly tuned Seydel harp

I was looking around the Seydel website and appened on the
Hochlandsklänge model. (translates as something like highland sound?)

This is listed but a tremolo but isn't.

The second set of reeds produce harmonies to the first set, and the
tuning looks rather strange, but also like it would automatically
produce a lot of cool harmonies:

http://www.seydel1847.de/epages/Seydel.storefront/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Seydel/Categories/Products/Tremolo/Hochlandsklaenge

Apparently Seydel started producing this back in 1920. Looks like it
could be fun to play, concentrating on harmonized lines.

I can't tell if there is a hole punched in the floor that separates the
top and bottom rows. If note, you could potentially bend both blow and
draw notes as well by isolating top or bottom row and choosing a pair
of adjacent reeds.

Winslow

http://mail.yahoo.com