Fwd: RE: [Harp-L] WANTED: Teacher in Philadelphia DC -SPAM!!!

I likewise have received many suspicious direct inquiries in the last
six or eight months and I always ignore them. I should say that there
are a number of lesson lead services that are legitimate, and I'm not
talking about them.

Common elements in the suspicious queries:

1) A direct query from an unkown individual on behalf of a third
party who is the prospective student.

2) The prospective student is a minor.

3) they must travel from another country.

4) the writer is usually extremely vague about the subject of
learning - a phrase like "your product or service" is pretty close to
how they usually term it.

What I haven't figured out is what they hope to gain. Maybe they want
to dump an illegal immigrant into your household through some process
of having trouble finding accomodation for the child at the last
minute? I really don't know.

I actually did respond to the first one, but got suspicious right
away. When the second one showed up - same subject, different sender -
I knew that these were best ignored.

Winslow

--- In harp-l-archives@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Michael Peloquin"
<peloquinharp@xxxx> wrote:

I believe that this is SPAM--
I got this exact same email and similar ones (with the same
bad/broken
English) quite often.
I beleive that I get them because of a few web listings for my
teaching
services.
IGNORE, DELETE, PLAY MUSIC!

Michael Peloquin