[Harp-L] Harpie on embossing razor blades

Hi Bruce,

forgive me that I have deligated my "son" Harpie to comment your post
instead of me. You wrote:

< The post about using a razor blade made no sense to me at all, I read it
< several times. >

It was easy to find out that you meant me because I´m the only one who
mentioned a razor blade as an embossing help. If you had asked me directly
about that razor blade I had explained it to you once again. But Harpie is
responsible to answer difficult questions though he is a very stupid guy. You
can see that how he formulated the subject. In my post I haven´t talked about

embossing razor blades.

Hey, Harpie, it´s your turn.

Thank you, Dad, that I have the honor to represent you.

Yeah, Bruce, I see that you have read that several times but couldn´t find
any
sense. Believe me, I can´t find one either. You know that razor blades go
blunt
by the time. So, it makes sense to emboss them. By this way one can use
one and the same blade for years if not for ever.

But I think my Dad hasn´t meant that. Perhaps he thought the blade could
indicate that the embossing comes near to the point when the "down-hammered"
slot edge touches the reed edge. Well, I´m not quite sure but...hmmmmh..I
dunno

OK, Harpie, let it be. I see that you make the matter even worse. I fear you
may
assert that I use to exchange broken reeds by razor blades which had been not
a bad idea. However, Vern is already going to make SS reads.

Have a nice day and excuse my irony, but I couldn´t resist.

Siegfried

(and Hapi)

PS. you see that this guy can´t even type his name correctly.

Thema:  [Harp-L] Embossing question