To: "Harp-L" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 1:44 PM
Subject: [Harp-L] GEAR II

It's been great reading everyone's replies to this thread. Part of my frustration, initially, can probably better be phrased along these lines than the way I phrased it in my original post - Is a hard-to-find "vintage" Fender Champ really all that much better, sound-wise, than a readily available Fender Pro Junior? In other words, what is readily available NOW to the harp player to provide a great classic tone? I know one's sound is very subjective, and one's sound starts with good acoustic tone, but I believe HOW you amplify makes a big difference in your sound.

Regards,

Charles