Re: [Harp-L] GEAR II

CHARLES BASSI wrote:
It's been great reading everyone's replies to this thread.
Part of my frustration, initially, can probably better
be phrased along these lines than the way I phrased it in my original post - Is a hard-to-find "vintage" Fender Champ really all that
much better, sound-wise, than a readily available Fender Pro Junior?
In other words, what is readily available NOW to the harp player to provide a great classic tone?
I know one's sound is very subjective, and one's sound starts with good acoustic tone, but I believe
HOW you amplify makes a big difference in your sound.

Regards,

Charles

Try the following search on Ebay to see a bunch of vintage low powered amps. One that's not in perfect condition can be restored for not too much. Almost anything will need a cap job and a grounded power cord.

I think the Pro Junior sounds pretty good.

Looks like you may have to paste the search string in two parts because of line wrap.

(fender champ,premier,valco,danelectro,supro,silvertone,airline,harmony) amp*
--
Hear Barrelhouse Solly on the internet--that's me

http://www.soundclick.com/barrelhousesolly