[Harp-L] Best Harmonica Mic I Ever Heard

The best harmonica mic I ever heard was owned by a
guitar player I knew years ago. It was a Shure
tape recorder mic, all metal, small, tan colored,
rectangular, sort of flat, grilled on the front.
He rewired it, presumably so it had a 1/4 jack on the the cable to go into a guitar
amp.  It was very bass-y and broke up the sound immediately.
Any ideas on what model of mic this could have been?

Thanks,

Charles